Big Apple...here I come!

What am I up to now, you ask? Answer: I'm going to New York!
Guerrilla Rep (headed by John Caldon) and Ann Marie Productions (my theatre company) are taking Aileen Clark's one woman show "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Lost My Virginity" to New York City as part of the 2011 FringeNYC! We've spent the last three years working on this show and we are proud to say it is a great piece of theatre.

I have been lucky enough to work on a lot of theatre this year that is personal to me and I have been very proud of (Juno en Victoria...which is still playing, to name one) but few productions have been this long in the incubation and this rewarding.

John and I and some of our team will be traveling to New York to produce "Virginity" as part of the FringeNYC, but we can't do it without some pretty significant help. We've got a Kickstarter campaign up and running now to help us raise funds:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/guerrillarep/how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-lost-my-virgini

Paying through this site is easy, especially if you have an account with Amazon.com. And at different levels, we have different little thank you gifts for our supporters.

When will FringeNYC be?
We don't know the dates of our performance yet...that will be in the next email...but you can keep up with all the latest information on this show through our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/mobileprotection#!/pages/Guerrilla-Rep/192843747433665

Make sure to like us! This way we can send you messages about the show through Facebook.

Of course, you can also keep tabs on the festival through their website: http://fringenyc.org/

There are so many shows, and we feel honored to be among them. If you are in New York or will be traveling there or know people there please keep in touch so we can tell you when the show will be and how to buy tickets.

Will Aileen be back in SF? You betcha!
We are working on getting together a special treat for all our San Francisco friends. But, it's still in the works and we can't let the cat out of the bag just yet. More information will be in the next Art Full Life email. But...again...you can keep track of all the latest on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/mobileprotection#!/pages/Guerrilla-Rep/192843747433665

What else is going on?
Oh, you know. Not much. Just these things:
Juno en Victoria - I directed this - CLOSING WEEKEND! Get your tickets now!
Twelfth Night - I'm working on PR for this - it hasn't opened yet, but tickets are going fast. Come and take a walk with the lovers of TWELFTH NIGHT as they experience terrible heartbreak, serendipitous coincidences, and the all-healing force of a true love story.
Salty Towers - I love love love this theatre company - again, this show hasn't opened yet, but tickets wont be available for much longer. If you love Faulty Towers and you love comedy and you love Greek mythology...you will LOVE Salty Towers.
SF Olympians - This festival produced twelve readings of new work on the theme of Greek Gods last year and it's back! I have three short plays in the festival this year and I would love for everyone to come and see them. Three of last year's plays (two of which are above) were given full productions. It's a not to miss chance to see some of San Francisco's best new playwrights wrestle with classic mythology.
Theater Pub - Every month this company brings you free theatre in a pub. It's free. It's short. It's fun...and there is always something new to see. And, ok, I'm not directly or even indirectly involved with TheaterPub...but I love them so and you can often see me there on the third Monday of the month drinking a glass of wine and talking about theatre.

Comments

Popular Posts